Metacognition

 Metacognition in connection with the topic- methods and tools - of the core theme knowledge and knower

Metacognition is a skill which is referred to as knowing about knowing. Different events in life might have shaped the way that a person thinks. For example I actually did not study in India for my whole schooling. I have actually come from UK, London. Not to say that there are also different communities among India, as each state has a different community. Even each city might have a different community. Growing up I studies abroad. So I have mingled with a wide variety of people. People from a range of different communities. Everyone does things differently. It may range from the most simplest things to bigger things in life. 

When I studied abroad I was a very shy person. I would not talk to anyone and I was quiet. However many people there had outgoing personalities and they always approached me. I did not really know many things.  So things like racial lines and food differences etc... So actually, no ones school life is a trouble free life. Everyone has problems. facing bullying, etc... So when I was in school I was part of a few, among a large community of British kids. Most people were quite friendly but I had faced a few occasions  where someone would bully me for my skin or also they would bully me for my food. 

I was used to a variety of food. However the easiest for my mom was Indian food for me to take to school. However some people did not like the fact that I brought Indian food and they said I was an alien eating alien food. Things like this teaches you new things. I really did not understand what they were saying. My mom lied to me when I asked her. So now, I still remember those things, and when I look back, now knowing what they were doing, I feel it was very wrong. However it is not something we should make it a big issue about, but we should create awareness for these kind of things. 

However these experiences changed my future perspective of knowledge and helped me develop my intellectual thought process. I then realized that the world is not an entirely good place and there are global issues that need to be sorted out. I traveled allot as a kid and explored different places and communities, gaining more knowledge in the process of these experiences was obvious, but sometimes I gained knowledge of things like languages and culture without even paying attention to my surroundings.

This shows that knowledge can be gained in any way and viewed in any perspective. Its a powerful tool that can shape the way a person can think and act. I wanted to develop as a knower and a thinker, and I still want to develop more in life. Gaining more knowledge, through different experiences, can enhance your acceptance to your surroundings and the way the world works.

Comments