DIY - Rock, paper, stone - Activity
Paper and Rock Activity
1) What was my initial idea when I got the raw materials?
The first idea that struck my mind was a simple paper weight. So I had actually built that first. Simple rocks wrapped with paper and a rubber band. Then I felt it was not creative and since I needed to use a fourth material it came to me. I thought of making a multi purpose product. So I found some flowers and I built a vase.
2) What was the difficulty I faced while doing the activity?
I had found the vase very hard to balance so as to act as a paper weight. So I resolved the issues by shifting 2 of the rocks from the base paper weight to the bottom part of the vase.
3) How did my idea change during the course of the activity?
Me feeling like my initial design was not very creative was one of the reasons. It was a basic paper weight. Then I decided to make it multi purpose full so that it would be more creative and more useful!
4) What could I have done better? (Self reflection)
Maybe I could have put more thought into my project and I also should not have rushed into making the most simple thing that came to my mind. I should have made a thorough plan and a proper thought process. But nevertheless I always say things happen for a reason. If I had never made the paper weight I would not have got the idea of converting my vase into a stand!
I really enjoyed this TOK session. It was informative as well as interesting! Thank you!

Comments
Post a Comment